Objective of this Mental Strength Tip:
To help you recognize that your beliefs are the software of your minds, and that by ‘upgrading’ your beliefs you will automatically upgrade your behavior, hence your results.
Let’s Get Started:
Where do beliefs some from? The majority of our beliefs are ‘inherited’ from our parents and other authoritative figures. As children our mind is a blank canvas, and everything we see, hear and experience has a lasting affect on our understating of how our world operates. Unfortunately as children we don’t have the capacity to know which idea is limiting or which one is supportive.
We then spend the rest of our lives operating from these inherited beliefs, almost never stopping to question their validity or examine them to see how they are supporting us (or not) in our quest for personal peak performance.
Questions to Uncover Beliefs about Mental Strength Thinking:
- What are three things in your work life you know to be true?
- What would you classify as your mental strength beliefs?
- Would you classify most of your beliefs as supportive or non supportive for your desired goal?
Unsupportive Thoughts About Beliefs
- The majority of my beliefs are supportive; I don’t have to take a closer look
- Beliefs cannot be changed or upgraded. After childhood it’s too late, there’s nothing I can do about my thinking
- I feel disloyal to my parents if I classify the beliefs they taught me a limiting
Mental Strength Thinking About Beliefs
- It’s my responsibility to upgrade my own beliefs
- My beliefs create my thinking; my thinking create my emotions: my emotions create action; my action dictates my results
- Beliefs and results have a cause and effect relationship. Average individuals create average results. Mentally strong individuals create their own personal success through peak performance
- If your beliefs are supportive, why haven’t you achieved personal peak performance?
- Would you rather hold onto your limiting beliefs or achieve personal success?
- How successful are the five people you spend the most time with?
- How do you feel about your beliefs and the behaviors they are creating?
- Do you believe it’s possible to upgrade your most closely held beliefs to be more supportive and empowering?
- What steps are you taking to change these beliefs to become more supportive?
Mental Strength Coaching:
Be patient with yourself when it comes altering and changing your beliefs. After all, you’re challenging beliefs that have been held for a very longtime, many since childhood. It’s going to take some time, and questioning, to raise your level of awareness around your beliefs.
The good news is you can work with more then one belief at a time. And this is exactly what I do with my clients. I’ll continue giving examples of what the average person and a mental strong person tend to believe about different aspects of their lives, i.e. peak performance, personal success, personal development, etc. This almost always serves as a guide to elevated consciousness and awareness about the supportive (or non-supportive) nature of a belief.
The practitioners of mental strength believe in their success long before they see it. Their beliefs lead them to do what ever it takes to reach their peak potential. They operate their lives knowing their destiny is certain and in their control. When they encounter obstacles they rarely falter, knowing these are just signs letting them know they’re on the road to their personal success. Bumps are simply a sign and part of the journey.
Whereas the average person is shocked and stunned by setbacks, and many times quit right after the first obstacle. The mentally strong expects these things to occur as part and parcel of their ascension to their peak performance. The mental strong know it all begins with a vision and belief system and then to take action and make that vision a reality!
If you’d like to get started on developing radical mental strength for personal development, personal empowerment or personal success, request your Introductory Consultation.
Also, “Develop the Mental Strength of a Warrior” is a fantastic e-book that helps you develop awareness, consciousness and mental strength with a step-by-step plan.
OK…now it’s your turn! Let me know about your thoughts on this subject in the comments below.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.