Achieving peak personal performance and personal success begins with a mental strength mindset and empowering beliefs. Personal success starts in the mind and finishes with peak performance…taking massive action.
This is one in a series of mental strength tips to help start your week of strong so that you can reach you peak performance, personal success and develop your personal empowerment.
I take one subject and run though a brief overview of it, then ask some very direct questions. The intention of these ‘sessions’ is for you to write the questions in a success journal reflect on them and answer them.
This series of posts is for YOU! If I’m not able to coach you personally one-on-one, I want you to at least get the benefit of “virtual” coaching.
Objective of this Mental Strength Tip:
To help you build the skill and confidence of focusing on one problem or challenge at a time. By developing this mental strength aspect you’ll be able to address a number of situations with confidence and ease. You’ll then be better prepared to achieve your personal success.
Let’s Get Started:
Let me ask you something….think about this carefully…how do you handle multiple problems, challenges, etc without becoming emotionally overwhelmed? Or don’t you?
Being able to look at, assess and find solutions to one issue at a time, not only exercises your mental strength, but it helps progress you towards peak performance.
Questions to Uncover Beliefs about Mental Strength Thinking:
- What’s the best technique you’re learned for segmenting your emotions?
- Do you believe the ability to segment is something you’re born with or something you learn?
- How do you think the president of a country or military leader segments their emotions while making life and death decisions?
Unsupportive/Limiting Beliefs about Segmentation
- Segmenting is only important during crisis situations
- You can’t learn to segment emotions. You either have the skill or your don’t
- You can’t practice segmenting emotions
Mental Strength Beliefs about Segmentation
- Practicing segmentation is an ongoing process that never ends
- Segmentation is a skill you build through practice and discipline
- Segmentation gives you the ability to focus on the most critical task and keep you from becoming emotionally overwhelmed
- If you were better at segmenting would be farther ahead in you personal success?
- How skilled are you at directing and controlling your mental strength energy?
- How often do you become overwhelm emotionally?
- How can you improve you segmentation skills?
- How can I help you improve your segmentation skills?
- How can improving this skill help you with your personal success, peak performance becoming more fulfilled?
Mental Strength Coaching:
Observe yourself in pressure situations where focusing exclusively on one problem at time is a necessity. Now for the ‘fun’ part…see how many challenges you can throw at yourself (or ask some on to help you) before you become emotionally overwhelmed and experiences a mild mental “meltdown.” One you know where this breaking point is, become aware of the exact point where it happens. Then develop a plan to slowly expand your capacity/comfort zone a little at time.
One good way is what some military and paramilitary personal do; they use the “WIN” formula. WIN stands for “What’s Important Now?” When you know what is important at this every moment, you can address it and move on to the next issue. If however you get stuck in thinking about ALL the issues, you’ll be parallelized and not take any action.
The size of the leader can be measured by their mental strength capacity to handle multiple challenges without becoming emotionally paralyzed. The skill of segmentation is being able to maintain focus at the task at hand, no matter what is happening on the outside. It’s all about harnessing mental strength energy and consciously directing it towards the task at hand without distraction.
If you’d like to get started on developing your mental strength for personal development, personal empowerment or personal success, request your Introductory Consultation.
Also, “Develop the Mental Strength of a Warrior” is a fantastic e-book that helps you develop awareness, consciousness and mental strength with a step-by-step plan.
OK…now it’s your turn! Let me know about your thoughts on this subject in the comments below.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.