Courage is many things to many people, as represented by the following courage quotes.
Courage can be thought of as the ability and willingness to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. Physical courage is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while moral courage is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.
The courage quiets below embody the mental strength need in to win at the game of life.
Courage is also the state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution; bravery.
I hope you find the below courage quotes inspirational, motivational and awaken in you your personal warrior and mental strength so that you can live life with power, purpose and passion!
Courage Quotes to Lift Your Spirit and Remove Fear
- “Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities . . . because it is the quality which guarantees all others.” – Winston Churchill
- “One man with courage makes a majority.” – Andrew Jackson
- “Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.” – General George S. Patton
- “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “If his spirit is distorted he should simply fix it—purge it, make it perfect—because there is no other task in our entire lives which is more worthwhile…To seek the perfection of the warrior’s spirit is the only task worthy of our temporariness, our manhood.” – Carlos Castaneda
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” - Lao Tzu
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” ? Coco Chanel
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit.” – Miyamoto Musashi
- “It takes courage for people to listen to their own goodness and act on it.” – Pablo Casals Cellist
- “Courage is not the towering oak that see storms come and go; it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow.” – Alice Mackenzie Swaim
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “The best lightning rod for your protection is your own spine.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The only rule is, do what you really, impulsively, wish to do. But always act on your own responsibility, sincerely. And have the courage of your own strong emotion.” – D.H. Lawrence
- Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other. – Samuel Johnson
- “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
- “It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.” – Mark Twain
- “Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.” – Dan Rather
- “Courage is doing what you’re afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you’re scared.” – Edward Vernon Rickenbacker
- “Bravery is being the only one who knows you’re afraid.” – Franklin P. Jones
Please share any of your favorite courage quotes in the comments below.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.