The Warriors Quest – An Inner Journey For Personal Meaning And Fulfillment
More and more people are searching for a “better way” of living. The problem with this approach is that you’re only looking at where you should live, or the type of job you should have. So let me ask you…
- Have you ever felt a bit lost or out of alignment in your life and career?
- Do you enjoy what you are doing, but it just doesn’t feel right?
- Is there something just missing from your life?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the above, you’re most likely wandering around without purpose and meaning and are in need of a personal ‘vision quest.’
A ‘vision quest’ is a period of inward reflection where you reach important decisions about your life…like:
- What has brought me to this place in me journey, this moment in my life?
- Whose life have I been living?
- Why, even when things are going well, do things not feel quite right?
Throughout indigenous North America, the ‘vision quest’ is among the most sacred rituals. As ‘vision quest’ is a means through which your Higher Self contacts and advises you concerning you purpose and mission in life.
The ‘vision quest’, in the traditional Lakota community stands out as one of the primary rites of passage. The purpose of a vision quest is for the participant to receive guidance from the Spirit world. Depending on the images and vision presented, the participant is guided to make important life choices. In many cases, a person experiencing a vision will receive guidance from their Inner Allies. Nowadays, trusted relatives and friends, as well as coaches, mentors and guides can assist after the quest.
As with all other aspects of indigenous rituals, the ‘vision quest’ is highly formalized. Unfortunately many of us in Western society “don’t have the time” or the connections to participate in an authentic Hanble’ceya (‘vision quest’).
This does not however dismiss its importance of a ‘vision quest’, which is exactly why I’ve developed “The Warriors Quest – A Vision Hunt of Personal Meaning and Fulfillment.”
Tecumseh (Shawnee) Vision Statement
“Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life.
Beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and bow to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.
Abuse no one and no living thing, For abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes to your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.”
Time for more reflection…ask yourself the following:
- Does my life seem like a disappointment, a betrayal, a ruin of my expectations?
- Is the life I’m living too small for my soul’s desire?
- Do I have the courage for me to answer the calling of my soul and accept the invitation to the second and much larger life?
“The Warriors Quest” represents a time when there’s a kind of collision that occurs inside of you, between the ‘sense of selves’; the one you’ve acquired, taken on and accepted, and the one you were born with – the true, natural and authentic self.
“Our culture has lost the mythic road map which helps locate a person in a larger context. Without a tribal vision of the gods, and their spiritual network, modern individuals are cut adrift to wander without guidance, without models and without assistance through the various life stages. Thus, the Middle Passage, which calls for death before rebirth, is often experienced in frightening and isolating ways, for there are no rites of passage and little help from one’s peers who are equally adrift.” (James Hollis: The Middle Passage)
The Twelve Mystical Stages, as described by one of my teachers (Wilbert Alex), is a Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual Evolution. In this model one passes through the peaks or ‘points of transformation’ in one’s life. These can be thought of as “Rites Of Passage” and they also clarify when and why we experience life “crisis”, and more importantly, delivers alternative approaches to transforming these dilemmas into meaningful experiences.
As each stage is experienced and understood, we develop a growing wisdom and intelligence that serves as the foundation for living an enriched life and creating a balanced society.
The good news…we live in a contemporary culture. Our technological advancements have given us a quality of life unimaginable just 100 years ago.
The bad news…simultaneously we have separated ourselves from the same enriching life that our technology was originally meant to enhance. Today we live in more comfort, yet we suffer through personal experiences that disempower our lives. We struggle to gain clarity about a purpose for our living. Values such as honesty and integrity are compromised for security. And all too frequently we never get to really experience any of these stages consciously…that is until now.
“The Warriors Quest” will help you pass through your ‘midlife’ consciously, rendering your life more meaningful and the second half of life immeasurably richer.
The question of the First Passage of life is essentially this: “What is the world asking of me?” That is, what do I have to do to respond to the expectations of my parents, teachers, bosses, friends and spouse?
The question of “The Warriors Quest” of life is quite different: “What does my soul ask of me?”
“The Warriors Quest” HAS NO AGE RESTRICTION OR LIMIT…it’s more a sate of being and to bring balance to your “four directions.”
In the Lakota Wheel of Life one of the representations of the Four Direction is:
- Mental – North – White
- Spiritual – East – Yellow
- Emotional – South – Red
- Physical – West – Black
It was believed that you are in the center of the wheel and we are in control of these four energies….instead of these four aspects controlling you.
“The Warriors Quest” was created so that we can work more personally and in-depth together and helping you live a life with power, purpose and passion!
At “The Warriors Quest” you can expect…
- Discover exactly how “strong” you really are
- Understand how physical fitness determines your level of physical success
- Realize how the foods you are eating can be killing you
- Learn to mange and control your monkey brain
- Develop the courage start strong and finish stronger
- Instill determination for lasting persistence
- Release “black bags” of negative emotions of anger, sadness, fear and guilt
- Neutralize past limiting decisions
- Transform disempowering beliefs into amazing empowering beliefs
- Identify your vision and create your mission
- Connect with your trusted adviser’s (allies
- Unleash your creativity
This program is designed to deliver:
- A step-by-step plan to assist you aligning you physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually
- Create power, purpose and passion in your life
- Develop a specific one year personal success plan and the exact steps to take to make it a reality
- A high level of support, accountability, coaching, guiding, mentoring and
With “The Warriors Quest” and the one year of follow-up support you can expect:
Guiding – Guiding has to do with providing support with respect to the environment in which your change will take place. As your guide I will direct you along the path leading from some your present state to a desired state
Coaching – Coaching is focused at a behavioral level, involving the process of helping you to achieve or improve a particular behavioral performance. As your coach I will observe your behaviors and then provide tips and guidance on how to improve in specific contexts and situations to achieve your personal success.
Teaching – Teaching relates to helping you develop cognitive skills and capabilities. As your “teacher” I’ll help you develop new strategies for thinking and acting. The emphasis of teaching is more on new learning than on refining previous performances, so that you will reach NEW heights of personal performance.
Mentoring – Mentoring involves guiding you to discover your own unconscious competencies and overcome internal resistances and interferences. As your “mentor” I will help you to shape or influence your beliefs and values in a positive way by aligning your values with your vision and mission, by releasing negative and disempowering beliefs and unveiling your own inner wisdom
Sponsoring – “Sponsorship” is the process of recognizing and acknowledging the essence or identity of you. As you sponsor I be actively involved in seeking and safeguarding your potential personal power, focusing on the development of identity and of your core values and strengths..
Awakening – Awakening goes beyond coaching, teaching, mentoring and sponsorship to include the level of vision, mission and spirit. As your “awakener” I will support you by providing contexts and experiences which bring out the best of your understanding of power, passion and purpose and as well as love, self, and spirit.
By the end of our time together you will:
- Have a clear vision of your future
- Uncover your mission so that you WILL live into your vision
- Have established empowering beliefs and values that will support you on your journey
- Specific strategies and tactics and the courage to action on them
- Have released negative emotions like anger, sadness, fear and guilt that have been holding you back
- Placed your mission and vision into your future to ensure its fruition
- Have aligned your power, purpose and passion to live a life full of meaning
As you contemplate what the rest of your life holds for you and if “The Warriors Quest” is something you’d like to learn more about, consider these words from Kevin Spacey:
“To ‘want’ and to be ambitious and to want to be successful is not enough. That’s just desire. To know what you want, to understand why you’re doing it, to dedicate every breath in your body, to achieve . . . If you feel that you have something to give, if you feel that your particular talent is worth developing, is worth caring for, then there’s nothing you can’t achieve.”
Because of the highly personal nature of “The Warriors Quest”, I can only accept 12 clients. If you’d like more information about the 2 ½ day “The Warriors Quest – A Vision Hunt of Personal Meaning and Fulfillment” with a one year of coaching, Contact Me to receive the application and set-up a time to talk.
I look forward to hearing from you and helping you on your Warriors Quest.
Download The Warriors Quest Book HERE
- Are You Living the American Dream of Work Life Balance? (warriormindcoach.com)
- Your Vision and Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
- Warrior Mind Podcast – Episode 26 – Vision Quest (warriormindcoach.com)
- Warrior Mind Podcast Episode 31- Know Your Purpose (warriormindcoach.com)
- Baggage and Personal Empowerment (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength, Thinking Big And Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.