Exceeding your human potential, achieving personal success and reaching your personal goals starts with a mental strength mindset of empowering beliefs that will instill the feeling of empowerment.
Reaching your personal goals, achieving personal success and exceeding your human potential starts in your mind…and finishes with taking inspired and massive action.
This is one in a series of virtual personal coaching and mental strength tips to help kick-start your week. It is intended to create self-empowerment and inspire you to take action so that you can reach your personal goals and personal success.
I take one mental strength tips and run though a brief overview of it, then ask some very direct coaching questions. The intention of this virtual personal coaching session is for you to write and answer these questions in your success journal and then reflect on them to gain insight on yourself, your dreams and what’s holding you back.
These series of posts are for YOU!
If I’m not able to be your live personal coach, then I highly recommend picking up a copy of “Develop the Mental Strength of a Warrior.” It’s a book that will take you through the exact process to take back control of your thoughts so that you can live a life a power, purpose and passion with perseverance!
You can grab your copy now by going HERE.
Objective of this Mental Strength Tip:
To motivate you to study and emulate the wisdom of the elders by studying their thoughts, beliefs, values, habits and philosophies.
Let’s Get Started:
You can think of this as “modeling” in today’s and NLP terminology. Modeling is the process of recreating excellence. We can model any human behavior by mastering the beliefs, the physiology and the specific thought processes (that is the strategies) that underlie the skill or behavior.
Questions to Uncover Beliefs about Mental Strength Thinking:
- Do you believe all the solutions and answers to achieving personal success have been discovered?
- Do you believe there’s a personal success formula?
- If the answers to a fulfilled life have already been discovered, why aren’t more people living a more meaningful and fulfilled life?
Unsupportive Beliefs about Wisdom
- No one knows the secret to success, fulfillment and happiness.
- The wisdom of the elders doesn’t apply to my life.
- The wisdom of the elders doesn’t apply to today’s world.
Mental Strength Beliefs about Wisdom
- All the answers to life and living have already been discovered.
- The most intelligent strategy for quantum growth is modeling the success that came before me.
- The fastest way to learn and grow is studying the success and failures of the elders.
- Is your success strategy to learn more from personal experience or wisdom of the elders?
- Is it possible to manifest your life’s vision quicker through modeling others behaviors?
- In your greatest areas of achievement, have you succeeded based on your past experience of what you were taught?
- Have you ever studied a quotation book? If so, did it help you?
- What are some ways to learn from the experience of the leaders that you haven’t tapped into?
- What was the last non-fiction or biography you read or listened to that helped you move closer to personal success?
Mental Strength Coaching:
There are three phases to modeling
- Observing the Model
This involves fully imagining yourself in someone else’s reality by using a “second position” shift. The focus is on “what” the person does (behavior and physiology), “how” they do it (internal thinking strategies) and “why” they do it (supporting beliefs and assumptions).
- Find the Difference That Makes the Difference
Traditional learning adds pieces of a skill one bit at a time until we have them all. The drawback to this method is we don’t know which bits are essential. By contrast modeling which is the basis of accelerated learning, gets all the elements and then subtracts to find what is necessary.
By systematically taking out elements of the model’s behavior, we can find what pieces are essential. If the process still works without that element, it is not relevant.
- Design a method to teach the skill
Until you have all the relevant pieces of a skill and the necessary sequence, you cannot teach it effectively.
Rehearsal of the natural sequence of the skill is important. If you tried to make a cake by putting it in the oven before mixing the ingredients together, it would be yucky. Yet we think we can teach separate elements of skills out of sequence and out of context and succeed.
Modeling involves transferring what an expert thinks they know and what they unconsciously know. It involves being able to produce the outcome and transferring the behavior to others.
The use of modeling does not just involve extraordinary skills. For example, you could model how someone keeps their desk clean. You can use the same key questions to find out how someone keeps themselves happy and enthused.
Modeling is a powerful process that can accelerate learning of skills.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.