Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate you taking time to find out why you need a personal coach.
To begin, I’d like you to think that problem….
you know the one…
the one that’s been holding you back in life…
the one if you could just get rid of you’d experience life on a whole new level.
It could be the one were you’re only inches away from success and it seems to slip away. Maybe it’s the one were you grab success and can’t hold on to it. Or it could be you try to take your life to the next level and keep hitting your head. Or it could be as simple as you can’t maintain focus…what ever it is, you know all too well, so think of it…come on you can do it…
Yes…that’s the one!
Now, take a few minutes to think about, and to feel, just how much stress not solving this has already caused you since you first realized the task needed action. Be sure to really get into these feelings.
OK, now think about, and feel, how much stress it is currently causing you – how much time you spend thinking about it (or trying to not think about it)…feeling guilty, frustrated, annoyed about it…being reminded about it day after day by yourself and/or others. Really get it in touch with these feelings of discomfort.
Now, think about how much discomfort and frustration this problem will cause you if you continue to do nothing about it for the next weeks, months or even years!
Okay, you now have had a really good experience of the uneasiness and unpleasantness involved in not solving this issue.
Stand up and shake that feeling off or do you smell popcorn?
Now take a few moments to really, really feel how good it will be once you have taken action, resolved this problem and put it all behind you! I mean really get into it…see, feel…completely experience how you’re life is changed now that you have solved and moved past this problem.
How DOES it feel?
So now, compare the cost of NOT taking action (in terms of energy, effort, etc) with the rewards of taking action…
Well that’s the magic you can experience with a personal coach.
The Number One Reason Why People Fail
In my experience simple and basic ideas are easier to understand, and when as person understands them they can carry out them faster.
To this point, there are really only four components for personal success (however you define success.) They are:
1 – Vision/Mission:
Your personal vision and mission guides your life; it provides the guidance necessary to direct the course of your daily activates and the choices you make about your career, relationships, you health…all aspects of your life.
Your vision and mission statement is the light shining in the darkness toward which you turn to find your way. Your personal vision and mission statement illuminates your way; it’s at the core of your personal empowerment.
Knowing your personal vision and mission is the first step in focusing your life – for your joy, accomplishments, contribution…and for your legacy.
2 – Strategy:
Your strategy is the “big picture” of what you’re going to do to reach your vision and mission. Once you have your vision/mission the next step is defining you what you are going to do to achieve it. This is your personal performance.
Your strategy is one or more large-scale plans that you will use to achieve your vision. A strategy looks inwards, but it also looks outward at your environment, your strength’s, weakness, the resources you have and the resources needed. Your strategy must determine how you will become the person you want to be. Your strategy must consider all issues and find solutions that work and that are in alignment your vision.
3 – Tactics:
Your tactics are how you will achieve your strategies and when.
Your tactics are the specific actions, sequences of actions, and schedules you will use to fulfill your strategy. If you have more than one strategy you will have different tactics for each. This is your peak performance.
4 – Mindset:
You mindset determines your success or failure of your tactics and is the catalyst for implementing the tactics. This is your warrior mindset….your mental strength training for peak performance.
Without the proper mindset you will not execute your tactics. If you don’t execute your tactics you will not accomplish your strategies. If you don’t accomplish your strategies you will not fulfill your vision. If you don’t fulfill your vision you will have lived an empty life.
So what is the relationship between mindset and success?
In a word…everything!
Four Characteristics of a Warrior Mindset:
- Knowing What You Want
- Committing Yourself to Your Goal
- Taking Courageous Action
- Determination to Finish What You Start
That’s it!…Simple, right?
Easy? … Not so much.
Let’s take a closer look at these points:
- Knowing What You Want: Many people can’t get pass this one. They THINK they know what they want, but as soon as they hit a little resistance…BAMB! They’re blown out of the water.
Seth Godin in his book “The Dip” goes over the phenomenon in detail. Basically the book talks about that sooner or latter we will all come into a dip. Things just aren’t going to go as planed. It’s at this time that the most people bail. Seth discusses the importance of evaluating the worthiness of your goal. I won’t go into the details here…pick up the book if you want to find out more.
- Committing Yourself to Your Goal: This point of failure is linked directly to “knowing what you want.” The reason most people won’t commit to their goal is they really don’t know what it is and if they really want it. Let’s face it, if you approach a goal with the attitude “it would be nice to achieve this” are you really committed? If not, why waste your time going after it!?
- Taking Courageous Action: Notice I didn’t say timid action…I said courageous action. This means being bold, taking risk, putting yourself out there for the entire world to see. Sure ANY action is better then no action. If you’ve got points 1 and 2 above secure, you may want to take a long hard look at this one, it you’re not getting what you want.
Nothing happens without action…period! Oh sure, I can hear the followers of “The Law of Attraction” pooh-poohing this one. Believe me, I’m a big believer of the LOA when it is used in conjunction with action. There are way too many couch creators taking about the LOA, but refuse to look at their results. Results are directly proportional to a persons vibration AND their action….no action, no results. Timid action = timid results. Courageous action = spectacular results!
- Determination to Finish What You Start: This by far is probably the toughest to work through. With the emphasis today on multi-tasking and the “next best thing” right around the corner many people become distracted.
If they don’t become distracted, as soon as they hit a wall or a dip they’ll look for an easier way. This point is also closely tied to point #1 – “knowing what you want.” If you truly, deeply know exactly what you want you will find the determination to finish what you start.
So, how does all this fit into my statement about “The Number One Reason Why People”?
After all I’ve given the four key components for success and talked about the four characteristics of a strong mindset. And yet I haven’t given a single solitary point that absolutely points to the reason people fail…or have I?
If you’ve been paying attention you’ll see that there is a common thread through ALL the points mentioned above.
Want to know what it is?
Yup…you’re the main reason for your success or lack there of. I know this can sound pretty harsh…but it’s true.
OK…so I might have been a little tough. It’s not YOU as the person; it’s YOU as the thinker and the behavior. This is why mental strength coaching is so critical…especially these days!
Mental strength coaching and training will help you:
- Find your vision and mission
- Develop your strategy
- Create a tactical action plan
- Achieve the success you’ve been longing for
Mental Strength Coaching Will Help You Find Your Power, Purpose, Passion and Perseverance!
Mental strength coaching and training will also help you develop the four characteristics of a warrior mindset in many areas of your life including:
- Personal Performance
- Career Performance
- Athletic Performance
- Fitness Performance
- Vision Quests
- Personal Development
If any of the above resonated with you rest assured you’re not alone…and I can help you!
When you’re ready to take back control of your thinking, your actions, your results….you life, get started with a Introductory Consultation. We can then set-up a time to talk further and see where we go from there.
Remember “If you always do what you’ve always done…you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”
If you’d like some more reasons why you’d benefit from a Life Coach, download this Special Report
- Mental Strength Tip #32 – Your Code of Conduct and Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength Tip #33 – Common Sense and Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength Tip #42 – Belief Systems and Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength Tip #38 – Mental Strength and Decisiveness (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength, Commitment And Personal Success – Part III (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength Tip #37 – The Art of Conversation and Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength Tip #36 – Dedication and Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength Tip #41- Dedication and Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength Tip #39 – Discipline and Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
- Mental Strength Tip #43 – Mindset, Expectations And Personal Success (warriormindcoach.com)
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.