Professional development refers to the gaining of skills and knowledge both for personal development as well as career advancement. Professional development encompasses all types of learning opportunities.
There are a variety of approaches to professional development, including consultation, coaching, and communities of practice, lesson study, mentoring, reflective supervision and technical assistance.
Today’s senior managers face a variety of complex challenges, ranging from the creation of effective organizational processes to helping the business reach specific goals.
Our Professional Development Coaching is the ideal way to improve presentation, interpersonal, and leadership skills during individual sessions that deliver immediate, high-impact results.
Every session is tailored to fulfill your unique objectives, whether addressing short-term goals or ongoing development needs, including:
- Strategic thinking
- Supervising across disciplines and greater numbers of supervisees
- Becoming a trusted member of the executive team
- Branding yourself in and out of the company
- Attracting, developing and sustaining high performance talent and teams
- Collaborating with colleagues
- Raising executive presence
- Speaking dynamically
- Mentoring associates
Increasing the competency and effectiveness of employees is usually the driving factor behind a company’s decision to either offer or require professional development. But these programs can also boost morale by positioning participants to advance their careers through acquiring new skills or gaining insight into an area of the company they might be unfamiliar with
As professionals become more and more specialized, and as companies narrow their core offerings, the importance of staying current on the latest developments is increasingly important. Professional development programs, whether an online class about harnessing the power of social media or a live conference with expert speakers, are a great way to stay competitive in an ever-changing professional landscape.
Methods of Professional Development
Professional development opportunities can have a variety of approaches. Some examples of approaches to professional development that we offer are:
- Consultation – to assist an individual or group of individuals to clarify and address immediate concerns by following a systematic problem-solving process.
- Coaching – to enhance a person’s competencies in a specific skill area by providing a process of observation, reflection, and action.
- Communities of Practice – to improve professional practice by engaging in shared inquiry and learning with people who have a common goal
- Mentoring – to promote an individual’s awareness and refinement of his or her own professional development by providing and recommending structured opportunities for reflection and observation
- Reflective Supervision – to support, develop, and ultimately evaluate the performance of employees through a process of inquiry that encourages their understanding and articulation of the rationale for their own practices
Executive coaching is designed to help facilitate professional and personal development to the point of individual growth and improved performance. At Warrior Mind Coach we have a strong understanding of individual differences in a work place as well as the ability to adapt our coaching style and strategies.
Executive coaching works towards a specific professional goals. These include career transition, interpersonal and professional communication, performance management, organizational effectiveness, managing career and personal changes, developing executive presence, enhancing strategic thinking, dealing effectively with conflict, and building an effective team within an organization.
If you’d like to more information about how professional development and executive coaching can help you, please Contact Me.